NEW Meeting Night for 2021-22 – First Tuesdays – New Members Always Welcome!
Our regular business meetings are the FIRST TUESDAY of each month at 6:00 p.m. unless announced otherwise.. Please mark your calendar now for the following dates. Please adjust your work, etc. schedules accordingly: June 7, 2022; July 5, 2022 – TBD?
Next Meeting – Tuesday 06/07/22 @ 6:00-7:30 p.m. – Expo East (upstairs)
- 4-H BUDDY PROGRAM KICK-OFF! The 4-H Buddies program is taking over our June meeting. Plan on lots of fun and an extended time of 6:00-7:30. If you have not yet signed up for the buddy program, do it now – by May 31st! Learn more and sign-up at https://portercounty4h.org/2022/01/07/2022-4-h-buddies-program/. Questions? Contact 4-H Program Assistant Penny Lawrence at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Shout out to the following Junior Leaders and 4-Hers who HAVE signed up to be buddies! Haley Casbon, Bryce Wright, Kaitlyn Whitaker, Ethan Lucas, Madalyn Schmidt, Alayna Sanders, Genene Engels, Ella Compton, Caleb Hajek, and Conor Casteel. Join this elite group of buddies at the above link!!!
- Note to Executive Committee: Plan to be 15-20 minutes early to help prepare and plan to stay approximately 30 minutes after the meeting for your executive committee meeting.
- Portfolio Check-in: Bring your JL manual and we’ll talk through some of the activities you have added to your chart as well as the reflection questions. The first set of reflection questions should be done, and you should be working on the second set of questions.
T-Shirt Orders – due June 7th
Order your Junior Leader t-shirt at the following link by the time of our June 7th meeting. The Junior Leader organization will cover a majority of the shirt cost, making the cost to you only $3! (Which is why you should help with the 4-H 4-Mile Hustle fundraiser!) Complete the online form to order, and your payment of $3 will be due at time of shirt pick-up or you can bring it to the June 7th meeting. Checks are preferred and should be made payable to “Porter Co. 4-H Junior Leaders”. (A pic of the t-shirt design will be posted on the order form soon… hopefully.) Order here: https://forms.gle/gwucfseysSVqr3MEA
Junior Leader Portfolio & Incentive Award Levels
As a reminder, you’ll be most successful at achieving one of the award levels if you build on your JL Portfolio throughout the year. Copies have been provided at recent meetings and can also be downloaded on Google Drive at https://bit.ly/4HManuals. We will discuss more at each meeting to help keep you all on track to reach your junior leadership goals for the year! It’s time to be working on the second set of reflection questions! Following are some opportunities to consider:
- Dunes Clean-Up – VOTE NEEDED BY 5/31/22 – The Executive Committee would like to schedule a volunteer day at the Indiana Dunes National Park. However, without a commitment from at least 12 Junior Leaders we will not schedule it. We are looking at Thursday, June 16th from 1:00-4:00 p.m. Let us know if you can commit at the following link: https://doodle.com/meeting/participate/id/epYEzQ1a
- Indiana Beach Day: Mark your calendar for Monday, June 13th for the super-fun Junior Leader Day at Indiana Beach. We spend the day at the amusement park and the evening on the Madam Carroll dance cruise! We will join the LaPorte County Junior Leaders in taking a bus that will depart from Wanatah Elementary School. Look for a sign-up form by next week!
- Host an Education State at State Fair with Your 4-H Club: Work with members of your club to host a make-it/take-it activity station at the State Fair. Ten 4-H clubs will be selected to present a station. Apply by June 15th. More info: https://portercounty4h.org/2022/03/15/host-an-education-station-at-state-fair/
- Make it With Wool: Do you sew, knit, or crochet? Do it with wool fabrics or yarn and you can enter your 4-H exhibit in Indiana’s Make it With Wool contest. Entry deadline is July 1. More info at: https://portercounty4h.org/2022/03/15/indiana-make-it-with-wool-contest/
Sign-Up for Text Message Reminders
The Junior Leader organization utilizes remind.com for text messaging. Text @pcjl to 81010 to sign up for Porter County Junior Leaders.
Join our Email List
Sign up for the JL email list by completing the form at https://bit.ly/20224HJLSignUp.