NEW Meeting Night for 2021-22 – First Tuesdays – New Members Always Welcome!
Our regular business meetings are the FIRST TUESDAY of each month at 6:00 p.m. unless announced otherwise.. Please mark your calendar now for the following dates. Please adjust your work, etc. schedules accordingly:
- May 3, 2022
- June 7, 2022
4-H 4-Mile Hustle – OUR ONLY FUNDRAISER!
The 4-H 4-Mile Hustle and 1.5-Mile Hustle for Healthy Living is our group’s only fundraiser, we don’t ask much of you, but we do ask that you do your best to be there on Saturday morning, July 23rd (the first Saturday of the fair). You will help out from 6:00 a.m. until 8:30 or so. That’s it. But here’s one of the fun parts… help design the new finishers’ medal. Go to the following link to vote on your favorite design: https://forms.gle/kxGeHNoez5e7BGTg8.
Next Meeting – Tuesday 05/03/22 @ 6:00-7:00 p.m. – Expo East (upstairs)
- COVID Safety: Masks are now optional at 4-H events in county-owned facilities.
- Note to Executive Committee: Plan to be 15-20 minutes early to help prepare and plan to stay approximately 30 minutes after the meeting for your executive committee meeting.
- Portfolio Check-in: Bring your JL manual and we’ll talk through some of the activities you have added to your chart as well as the reflection questions. The first set of reflection questions should be done, and you should be working on the second set of questions.
Junior Leader Portfolio & Incentive Award Levels
As a reminder, you’ll be most successful at achieving one of the award levels if you build on your JL Portfolio throughout the year. Copies have been provided at recent meetings and can also be downloaded on Google Drive at https://bit.ly/4HManuals. We will discuss more at each meeting to help keep you all on track to reach your junior leadership goals for the year! It’s time to be working on the second set of reflection questions! Following are some opportunities to consider:
- Buddies Program! This is an expectation of all of you. Go to https://portercounty4h.org/2022/01/07/2022-4-h-buddies-program/ to learn more and share that link with other 4-Hers who may benefit from having an older mentor like YOU!
- Geranium Sale: Help Needed! The Geranium Sale is coming up soon. Volunteers like YOU are needed to help make it happen. If you are available to help, please contact Julia Waltz at email@example.com. Help is needed at the following general times:
- Thursday afternoon, May 5th (sorting/organizing) – check with Mrs. Waltz for exact times
- Friday afternoon, May 6th (pick-up) – 12:00 noon until 6:00 p.m.
- Saturday morning, May 7th (pick-up) – 8:00 a.m. until 11:00 a.m.
- 4-H Academy, Round-Up, Jr. Leader Conference, Band, Chorus: Sign-up is due TOMORROW, April 26th. Get more information at https://portercounty4h.org/2022/04/13/indiana-4-h-summer-programs-are-back/. For those of you in 7th and 8th grade, I highly encourage you to sign-up for 4-H Round-Up! It is an absolute blast. For those in 9th-12th grade, choose from any of the other programs!!! DO IT!!
- Host an Education State at State Fair with Your 4-H Club: Work with members of your club to host a make-it/take-it activity station at the State Fair. Ten 4-H clubs will be selected to present a station. Apply by June 15th. More info: https://portercounty4h.org/2022/03/15/host-an-education-station-at-state-fair/
- Make it With Wool: Do you sew, knit, or crochet? Do it with wool fabrics or yarn and you can enter your 4-H exhibit in Indiana’s Make it With Wool contest. Entry deadline is July 1. More info at: https://portercounty4h.org/2022/03/15/indiana-make-it-with-wool-contest/
Sign-Up for Text Message Reminders
The Junior Leader organization utilizes remind.com for text messaging. Text @pcjl to 81010 to sign up for Porter County Junior Leaders.
Join our Email List
Sign up for the JL email list by completing the form at https://bit.ly/20224HJLSignUp.