NEW Meeting Night for 2021-22 – First Tuesdays – New Members Always Welcome!
Our regular business meetings are the FIRST TUESDAY of each month at 6:00 p.m. Please mark your calendar now for the following dates. Please adjust your work, etc. schedules accordingly:
January 4, 2022
February 1, 2022
March 1, 2022
April 5, 2022
May 3, 2022
June 7, 2022
Next Meeting – Tuesday 01/04/22 @ 6:00-7:00 p.m. – Expo East (upstairs) AND via Zoom
SERVICE PROJECT: We will be making cards to send to doctors, nurses, and other medical staff to recognize them for all their hard work throughout the pandemic. For those attending in-person, bring some art supplies to share. Cardstock and basic supplies will be provided, but if you have some fun crafty supplies, please bring them. For those at home, we encourage you to send off a card or two on your own and sign it as a 4-H Junior Leader. (Be sure to note this service effort in your portfolio!)
- GUEST SPEAKER: Our guest speaker will be Registered Nurse and 4-H Mom Destiny Whitaker. Mrs. Whitaker will talk to us about the COVID pandemic, vaccinations, and life as a medical professional during this challenging time.
- COVID Safety: As of the time of this news update, the current county COVID advisory level is RED. Masks are required of EVERYONE at 4-H events and in county-owned facilities. A virtual option will be offered via Zoom for those who do not wish to attend in person.
- Zoom Info: Join the meeting via Zoom at https://purdue-edu.zoom.us/j/98138444287.
- Will you be attending in-person, via Zoom, or not at all? Let us know at: https://doodle.com/poll/3au9vzdwg77f7t7q?utm_source=poll&utm_medium=link
- Note to Executive Committee: Plan to be 10 minutes early to help prepare and plan to stay approximately 30 minutes after the meeting for your executive committee meeting.
Junior Leader Portfolio & Incentive Award Levels
As a reminder, you’ll be most successful at achieving one of the award levels if you build on your JL Portfolio throughout the year. Copies have been provided at recent meetings and can also be downloaded on Google Drive at https://bit.ly/4HManuals. We will discuss more at each meeting to help keep you all on track to reach your junior leadership goals for the year! It’s time to be working on the first set of reflection questions!
Work toward your 2022 Incentive Awards – consider these opportunities:
STATE: There will be a 4-H Day at the Indiana State House on Tuesday, February 1st, 2022. More info coming soon. Participants will have the opportunity to meet elected officials, serve as pages, and tour the state house.
NATIONAL: Indiana will send four 4-Hers (grades 10-12) to the National 4-H Conference (March 20-24, 2022). Apply through 4HOnline by January 3rd. https://extension.purdue.edu/4-H/get-involved/national-programs/national-4-h-conference.html.
Ice Skating Enrollment Bash!
Spread the word… the ice skating bash is back and will be held on Sunday, January 9th from 6:00-10:00 p.m. Get all the details at https://portercounty4h.org/2021/11/02/4-h-enrollment-bash-at-the-ice-rink-is-back/
Annual 4-H Enrollment
Don’t forget to complete your 4-H online enrollment by January 15th and be sure to include Junior Leaders as a project! Find enrollment info on the county 4-H blog at https://bit.ly/2022PorterCo4H.
Sign-Up for Text Message Reminders
The Junior Leader organization utilizes remind.com for text messaging. Text @pcjl to 81010 to sign up for Porter County Junior Leaders.
Join our Email List
Sign up for the JL email list by completing the form at https://bit.ly/20224HJLSignUp.