The annual LaPorte-Porter 4-H Camp will be held June 7th-9th at Camp Mack on the shores of Lake Waubee in Milford, Indiana! This regional leadership opportunity will allow you to sharpen your communication, teamwork, leadership, and more! Counselors take on much responsibility as they participate in planning, implementing, and directing camp activities.
Responsible 4-H members in eighth grade and above are encouraged to apply for a leadership position as a 4-H Camp Counselor. The required criteria of camp counselors are as follows:
- Counselors will be available for the LaPorte-Porter 4-H Camp on the afternoon of June 6th through the conclusion of camp on June 9th.
- Counselors will attend 100% of Camp Counselor Training sessions (locations TBD):
- Wednesday April 5th, 6:00-8:00 p.m.
- Saturday April 15th, 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Monday May 1st, 6:00-8:00 p.m.
- Thursday May 18th, 6:00-8:00 p.m.
- Monday June 5th, 6:00-8:00 p.m. – Final Prep!
- Counselors will receive 1 excused absence from training/planning. Such an absence is no greater than 2 hours and you must provide a note from your coach, teacher, employer, etc. on why you couldn’t uphold the commitment you made to this leadership opportunity. There will be no other exceptions and you must notify us in advance. Dates are given now so that you request off work, let coaches know, etc. If you need us to send a note to or speak with your coach, teacher, employer, etc. about the importance of your participation in these training sessions, we are happy to do so.
- Returning applicants may be invited to interview if the adult camp staff would like to discuss your level of commitment to your duties as a counselor. (Interview location will be set according to which county has the most interviewees.)
The application and recommendation form from a 4-H volunteer is due to your County Extension Office by Friday March 10th. Applicants will be notified after March 15th as to whether or not they have been selected to serve as counselors.
If you have any questions, please contact your county office. We look forward to receiving your application absolutely no later than Friday, March 10th!
4-H Youth Development