Porter County 4-H and the men of Sigma Phi Epsilon at Valparaiso University are joining forces to present #Adulting101. This 8-week program will teach high school students about life skills including voting, laundry, cooking, and more! The class will meet weekly via Zoom (Tuesdays at 6:00 p.m.) beginning on February 23rd. For more information about this program and to sign up, go to https://forms.gle/ZSj1rSDgs4JKjZoQA. Questions about #Adulting101? Contact 4-H Program Assistant and Sigma Phi Epsilon member Charlie Presar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wheels, Deals, and Automobiles (buying a car and the longtime costs associated with auto ownership)
- Why Credit Matters (credit scores)
- Rock the Vote (when, where, why, and how to vote)
- Tackling Your Laundry Pile (how to do laundry)
- Schemes, Scams, and Ploys (recognizing and avoiding tele-scammers)
- Medicine 101 (understanding OTC vs Prescription, safe use)
- Understanding Taxes
Never been in 4-H, but want to participate? No problem! This program is included in the once-per-year 4-H member program fees of $20. For more info on enrolling in 4-H, go to http://bit.ly/2021PorterCo4H. Questions about enrollment? Contact 4-H Extension Educator Joan at email@example.com.