- Beginning in 2023, the all-new Indiana 4-H Quality Livestock Care program OR YQCA is a requirement for 4-Hers participating in beef cattle, dairy cattle, swine, sheep, meat goats, dairy goats, poultry, and rabbit projects. These programs must be completed annually. Indiana 4-H Quality Livestock Care program will be in-person only. Upon completion, Indiana 4-H Quality Livestock Care program will be accepted at all county fairs in Indiana and at the Indiana State Fair.
- Youth for the Quality Care of Animals (YQCA) will no longer be presented by Indiana 4-H. Those planning to be certified through the YQCA program, will need to do the training online by registering at www.yqcaprogram.org. The cost is $12. Some national open shows still require YQCA so check the rules of the show before you go.
- It will be your choice which training you decide to do. You do not need both. The only reason you would choose YQCA over Indiana 4-H Quality Livestock Care is if an open show requires it. Other than that, you choose what best fits your schedule.
- Rachel Stoner, Morgan Township School Ag Teacher and 4-H Volunteer, has agreed to teach the Indiana 4-H Quality Livestock Care program for 2023 in Porter County. All trainings will be held at the 4-H Building at the Porter County Fairgrounds.
- There will be a $3 fee charged for the Indiana 4-H Quality Livestock Care program. This will be payable by cash or check only, upon entering the training. You will receive a signed certificate at the end of the training.
- Porter County Extension staff will be the only ones able to record completed trainings under the member’s profile in 4-H Online. If you attend one of the trainings taught by Rachel, we will use our sign in sheet to gather names for documenting Indiana 4-H Quality Livestock Care training in 4-H Online. If you do the online YQCA, it is the 4-Hers responsibility to get the certificate from that program to our office staff. All trainings must be completed before showing at the County or State Fair.
Training dates (all in 4-H Building) for Indiana 4-H Quality Livestock Care:
Wednesday, April 12th 6PM
Wednesday, May 10th 6PM
Monday, June 5th 12PM (noon)
Tuesday, June 13th 6PM
Please use the link to secure your seat at one of our trainings for Indiana 4-H Quality Livestock Care training.